trelecht99

Aug 3, 2002
I'd say a KX80 because I rode one and it had lots of power from bottom to top, no need for fanning the clutch and i am 150lbs! Suspension was great, very plush, never bottomed out. Breaks were v.good. I felt very in controll and confident on the bike. My friend has a YZ80 and i have to clutch it like hell to get it into the very narrow power band,suspension is OK,not as good as the KX, the brakes felt just as good as the KX, I fekt more in controll on the KX than the YZ because it had more bottom end and it was easier to ride. The KX has a powervalve but the YZ doesn't. I cant comment on the other 80's but i have heard that the RM has been greatly improved after a long time, is is like the KX, i dont think that the CR has a powervalve but i have heard that it doesnt have much bottom end. You need bottom end to get the bike into the powerband quicker and it is easier to ride faster with bottom end and your clutch will last longer! My personall opinion would be the KX.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I'm glad your cr80 still rips tons of ass, but you need to get a 125 pal.

I just moved up off of a 2002 cr80... the difference is unreal. It corners better... does everything better.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
'02 RM 85's are really popular RM's always had a great easy to ride motor now it finally has a chassis to match it. I'm starting to see alot of them out at the track and races. I have even seen kits to make'em big wheel versions. KX & RM's are more bottom/mid range motors while the CR/YZ are more mid/top motors why fast 80 riders go for'em.

flyfishdoc

Apr 29, 2002
I ride two bikes, a works YZ 125, and a pretty modded 2000 RM80... Im 5'6" and weigh 135 lbs. I love the YZ, its a helluva bike, and i cant wait to race on it... but right now the RM is BY FAR my favirote bike... i just have so much control over the power i feel like im actually riding the bike... i can throw the bike around corners lay it over in the air... and fly through the straights. So dont count 80's out... and if you go 80 go suzuki.
Andrew

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by dell30rb
I'm glad your cr80 still rips tons of ass, but you need to get a 125 pal.

I just moved up off of a 2002 cr80... the difference is unreal. It corners better... does everything better.

I have to agree with dell here, however if you are not comfortable with the idea of the jump of 45cc's split the differance with a KX100? ;)

T_bone_799

Sep 14, 2002
DUDE, THE CR80 HAS A BUNCH`O`POWER AND IT HITS NOW! THE ERGS ARE GREAT TOO. THE FRAME'S STRONG ALSO! THE 2002 YZ85 IS VERY ESAY TO RIDE, BUT I CAN;T STAND THE ERGS! ITS LIKE RIDING A ROCKING HORSE. THE RMS ARE SOPUSED TO BE SUPER TOURQEY THIS YEAR. I HAVE NUTTA CLUE BOUT THE KX'S.

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Theyre all good,a matter of preference,IMO.I live in Denmark,Europe.8-13 years old run small wheels,10-16 years can run big wheels in a different class,this is the most popular class.Probably because of this we dont have many RM´s,you cant get one with the big wheels stock!In un-modified trim the yz is probably the fastest,if you can keep it on the pipe.Hard to tell when Im watching the fast kids,apart from displacement and noise we have free tuning!Interesting to see what happens in 03,havent seen a Honda or a KTM yet!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom