xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
went & done it this time! not much else i can say- i was showin out for a guest rider- went into turn a little fast- my trusty xr bucked me off- into a pile of wood/rocks- my helmet crushed my arm in between the rocks- surgery to plate/screw it was tues- ouch- still hurts like hell!

my diet right now- sprite & Lortabs!

broke001.jpg

she's waiting for mama to get better- no injury to Sally!!

broke003.jpg

dr.s' work-
before-
scan0001.jpg

after-
armplate.jpg

xrannie feelin good, pre-surgery- like my outfit?
annsDA.jpg

Apr 30, 2007
Oh geeze! Never good to hear about extra hardware being added to the rider and not the bike...

Get better soon!

britt21

May 7, 2008
I know what it feels like to have your arm broke. Got bucked off my horse 2 years ago, broke my wrist completly in half.

Get well & back to ridin!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
xrannie: Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you get well soon and get back on the bike! I was checking out the wallpaper on your laptop..... looks like you are into some serious engines although I haven't completely figured out what that is.

britt21: I have been hurt worse on a horse than I have on a bike. The bike has brakes that actually work and I wear more protection. And the bike only hurts me when I am actually riding it, it doesn't decide to reach out and kick me when I am not expecting it.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I broke both bones in my arm in half and had to get 2 plates and 12 screws. Took me about 13 weeks with casts/splints, etc. Yours doesn't look quite as compound, so give it a month and a half or two months and you'll be showin off your scar and riding agian! Good luck on the healing, and I wish you the best. On the bright side, Lortabs aren't all that bad of a diet, I mean lots of people wish they had some, lol.

xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
Thanks All Y'all!!

pyrofreak said:
I broke both bones in my arm in half and had to get 2 plates and 12 screws. Took me about 13 weeks with casts/splints, etc. Yours doesn't look quite as compound, so give it a month and a half or two months and you'll be showin off your scar and riding agian! Good luck on the healing, and I wish you the best. On the bright side, Lortabs aren't all that bad of a diet, I mean lots of people wish they had some, lol.
you are so right!! i got lucky and just had to wear the brace for 6 weeks and now when i ride or drive-
yeah- tabs are good to have and a lot of people i know are in worse shape = pain wise, on a day to day basis and cant' get a script- i didn't tell anyone i had 'em, NO SHARING!!

THANKS FOR THE WELL WISHES- new update to follow!

xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
rmc_olderthandirt said:
xrannie: Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you get well soon and get back on the bike! I was checking out the wallpaper on your laptop..... looks like you are into some serious engines although I haven't completely figured out what that is.

britt21: I have been hurt worse on a horse than I have on a bike. The bike has brakes that actually work and I wear more protection. And the bike only hurts me when I am actually riding it, it doesn't decide to reach out and kick me when I am not expecting it.

rmc_olderthandirt, hi there- never too old-
yeah- i'm a Honda motors freak, general tuner head and rock an FD. i didn't realize the motor pic was so visable- you're pretty observant!! its an rx7 turbo build-rotary engine-(rx7vinnie's) . home sweet tuner home is tennspeed.net- thanks for noticing- i love it! i'm on quite a few car sites- and a big attention/pic hore!

Last edited:

xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
mideastrider said:
That's a Bummer. You gonna better in time to make the utah trip ?
OH YEAH...

actually rode real laps on tuesday - yesterday i was kinda sore- today- i'm pretty miserable- leg and arm muscles- i'm HAPPY to say- the broke spot doesn't hurt at all- all that ho'n in my garden got it tuff!!

be vacationing in Hanksville, Utah in september- gas prices have us squirming so we're struggling to come up with ideas to save fuel on the 1700 mile(oneway) trip- maybe pull the bikes with a civic- hell, ride the bikes out there would be the ticket- but i don't know if me n Sally(the xr) would still like each other after that ride.......

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom