bigger airbox boot

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
The rubber airbox boot on my 125 is about as plyable as steel, which makes putting the carb in a real pain. I've got a spare 250 boot that is much softer. The parts are almost identical apart from the 250 looks to have about 5 - 10% more volume in the section behind the frame. Before I go to the lengths of bolting and silicon'ing it on does anyone know if it would affect the power characteristics? Thanks.

Last edited:

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
If the volume is different the power characteristics will change. But because the volume is upstream of the reeds and crankcase it will be minimal. Reed stuffers are used to remove some of that volume on many bikes. Removal of the reed stuffers is really hard to feel.

Chris

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Chris - do you mean the rubber funnel joining the carb to the airbox (that curves round the shock)? That's the bit I was thinking of changing.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It used to be the hot set up on the honda cr125 to use the 250 boot, i would think it would work well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…