Bike Advice

JoJoStarbuck

Jul 17, 2012
I am looking to get back into riding off road and am starting to look around and get ideas about which bike I should buy. I use to race MX 20 years ago and have plans to maybe race a couple of times a year, and plan to do a lot of trail riding as well, maybe do a harescramble or two as well.

I am trying to find a bike that will suit both purposes and am hoping to get some advice and hear about other peoples experiences. I started off racing a CR 80 then moved to the 125 class on an RM so that is my past experience. After reading alot of stuff online and in magazines I am leaning toward the CRF450X, 2008 or newer, or a WR450F. I also have thoughts of maybe staying with the 2 strokes and getting a 250 since I have ridden those in the past and know how to maintain one. I know the maintenance for a 4 stroke is more expensive and complicated but I really like the idea of the low end power they offer.

Any advice or experience you all have to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jason

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…