Bike not consistent at full throttle

YamahaMan09

Apr 28, 2002
Hey,
I've got a YZ 80, and recently when I rev the bike full out when not in gear the noise is intermissant...in other words, it goes very loud then stops for a sec and then goes up again...kinda like WING.....WING.....WING...... Does anyone know why this may be happening? thanks

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
The reason is because there is no resistence on the engine. It's reaching maximum rpm and just kind of hanging around in that area. I dont think its very good for the bike to be held at max rpm without any resistence, atleast I don't think. Try riding it around then go full out while in gear and accelerating.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Um, I dont think there is a rev limiter on 2 strokes, only 4 strokes. On a two stroke, I think that it revs as much as it can before it cant go any faster. Also, when the rpms are up at like 15,000, on an 85cc, there is a maximum amount of air/fuel that can be traveling through the crankcase and through ports into cylinder. Also, YamahaMan09, you might want to try a resistor plug, such as BR10ES, instead of B10ES, the R is for resistor. A resistor plug blocks out radiowaves or something so that there is not interference, I think.

FMFHonda161

Jul 11, 2002
There are rev limiters on a lot of bikes. My friend had a KX 60 that had a Rev limiter and a couple of other ones with them as well.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
It may be crying for help. :flame: :silly:

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I have seen a bad stator cause this on a 2 stroke. Also an air leak causing an overlean condition. How does it run under load? what does the plug look like?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…