Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Borrowed from Racer X Online:

June 22, 2003

Blair Morgan Injured
from Motocross Canada.com

Blair Morgan's Yamaha appears to have had a stuck throttle during qualifying today in Nanaimo. In a crash reminicent of Doug Henry's infamous Budd's Creek hilltop launch Blair was catapaulted through the finish line banner. Preliminary reports indicate a double compound lower leg fracture plus fractured vertebrae. JSR and Decker appear to be the class of the 250's while Laughridge and Tiger Lacey served notice in the 125's.

Some of you may recognize the name as he qualified for quite a few 250 SX main events this year, and he is the godfather of snow-cross. Apparently it was really bad, but not much more is known at this time than what's told in the article. I'll keep you updated on his condition.

B

biglou

Man, that sucks. :( We watch him on Speed Channel when the Canadian MX series is on in the winter here. Hoping for the best for Blair.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Good news, it's not as bad as first thought. Here's a note from Kyle Beaton, #134 in the 125 Pro class.

hey guys, i went and saw blair today at the hospital. he is doin pretty good. a bit sore. he got surgery on his ankle. he fractured his tibia rite above the ankle. he also has a cracked vertabrae but the doctors say that it isn't too bad and he will make a full recovery. he didn't have to get surgery on his back which is really good.

blair said it was kind of stickin a bit before that and he was just gunna come back and get his other bike. he said he was just gunna pop over the jump but just out of no where it got stuck wide open and he said he had no time to react. he was using a metal throttle tube and on the metal tubes there isn't a grove where teh cable sits like there is on the stock plastic ones. so they think that it slipped off the tube part and went inbetween the tube and the side wall part of the throttle and it got cought up and wouldn't let the cable loose. thats what i know from under the yamaha tent.
get well soon blair.
kyle #134

Top Bottom