hrc125rider

Aug 22, 2003
Hi i have a 94 rm 250 and it idles fine but when its in neutral if i give it full throttle really quick it will give a quick bog then rev up :whiner: .any suggestions i would be great and i would apreciate it

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Sounds like your pilot jet may be to lean. Try turning your air screw clockwise this will richen it up. If you turn your air screw all the way in and it still bogs you will need a richer pilot jet.

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
The jetting is related to throttle position, not rpm. Stab the throttle wide-open and it bogs, your main jet is most likely too lean. You could be lean everywhere, though (cold temps outside). If this is the case, try turning your airscrew in about 1/2 turn, drop the needle clip one position (raising the needle), and go up 2 sizes on the mainjet. See how the bike runs, and check the plug color to verify the settings.

BlazinBoy

Feb 13, 2004
Yeah before you do any jetting changes wick the throttle so it bogs then shut the bike down and pull the plug. Depending on what color the plug is that will tell you which way to go on jetting.

Thrasher

Feb 19, 2004
Check your powervalve/exhaust valve it may be stuck in the open position which happens if it gets carboned up. this will cause it to bog at lower rpms but work fine in the higher rpms. I know my cr250 has a cover that I can remove while the engine is running to check for proper operation

Top Bottom