kid1293

Feb 12, 2007
hey guys have a 90 kdx 200 just did top end and im having a bit of a problem. the bottom end has a small noise at low rpm but goes away mid to upper rpm also seems to be smoking alot. i have had this problem sence i bought it in 04 has not got any worse but should i pull it apart, or let it go it is bone stock but in good shape???

csmutty

Uhhh...
Feb 28, 2006
KDX's usually have a noise like that at least mine does and mine is a 2000. The smoking problem is just your jetting in your carbeurator which can be fixed for like $5. To learn how to jet look up spanky's jetting guide on google and that should tell you everything on how to jet your bike. I have it hanging in my garage so it is handy :nod:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
kid1293 said:
hey guys have a 90 kdx 200 just did top end and im having a bit of a problem. the bottom end has a small noise at low rpm but goes away mid to upper rpm also seems to be smoking alot. i have had this problem sence i bought it in 04 has not got any worse but should i pull it apart, or let it go it is bone stock but in good shape???
When you did the top end did you check for play at the con rod? (worn crank bearings). This is the only way I know of to check the bottom end w/out talking it apart.

kid1293

Feb 12, 2007
there was very little play in the con rod i didnt think there was a problem there. right now im really concerned about the smoke, i have read a few posts that say these bikes make some noise. i have also noticed that there is a small amount of oil coming out of the vent tube in the air box. is it possible that the seal between the crank and trans is leaky and sucking in a bit of oil and pressuring the trans?? i still need to jet carb i really hope that clears it up somewhat.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom