Bottom end on a 87 KDX

sillygoose27

Oct 13, 2002
Wondering how much it would cost and where i can obtain the parts to overhaul a bottom end on the 87's? Such as replacing the gears and gaskets and anything else needed. Thanks,
Gregg

sillygoose27

Oct 13, 2002
Well, I what i think happened is I fried up my gears... My oil smelt horrible like something burning when i changed it. I'm not sure if I had any shavings in there, the bucket had some dirt in it where i drained it into, but I still have the oil and am going to run a magnet over it. The Bike still starts and runs, but when put into gear it won't move at all and acts like its in neutral.

sillygoose27

Oct 13, 2002
I've heard of that before, but i thought it wasn't possible due to the wet clutch system. I haven't removed the clutch yet, but that sounds like a good place to start, I'll check it out and let you know.
Gregg

sillygoose27

Oct 13, 2002
sure enough it was the clutch
Trying to find a good place to buy it now... JasonWho told me a good place, but all his posts are gone now, What happened?

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
Try bikebandit.com and ronayres.com. I also saw the c model clutches in the rockymountainatv.com listings. If I remember right the clutch kit was about $60.00

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…