Apr 29, 2008
I have a 1990cr125 will a procircut platinum pipe with silencer and a boyesen rad valve help with low end bog. I am 34 weigh 175lbs 5'8'' tall and live in Ct. I like to ride in pits and woods. The mid, top and power band is sick but it bogs on take off I just want to be able to take off normally.(no clutching)

Last edited:

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
In my own opinion I'd say on that old of a bike and it being a 125 cc your just not going to get good bottom end out of that bike. I'd say save your money for a newer bike and if your not going to race or anything you could get a 250 cc 2 stroke. That way you will get alot of power with out having to get alot of aftermarket parts and the rings should last longer. But in the mean time for your bike, Id say if you havent done a top end in a while maybe just pull the cylinder and hone it and replace the ring if everything looks ok. Also it would be a good idea to take the reed cage off and check for any bit of a gap (gap if bad). Hell just flip the reeds around to get a better seal or just replace the reed petals not the whole reed cage assembly. :ride:

Apr 29, 2008
Thank you for the info. The piston and rings look good. It has 172 for compression steady no leaks I went through the whole bike and had the reeds shaved. I had to go bigger and bigger with the jets to get any low end power at all so it would not bog.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
I would check your jetting out regardless of its power down low it shouldn't bog on you if I were you I would start with a fresh plug and start the bike and hold it quarter throttle in first and then pull your clutch in and hit the kill switch at the same time and look at your plug to see if its wet.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
CR 125 RMX 250 said:
my mechanic filed them down it is supposed to increase throttle response

Only in some idiot's wet dream. :rotfl:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
CR 125 RMX 250 said:
So did that screw up my bike?

It depends on what this genius actually did to the reeds. If the reeds no longer seal properly it will cause problems especially at part throttle and in the lower rpm range.

Apr 29, 2008
They look like they sit flush and there is no gap in the fuel air opening. They were shaved so that they no longer sit at the peak they sit at the halfway point between the peak and the opening. What do you suggest I love the bike and want to race hare scrambles with it. So I need no top end all I need is the low end can I make this bike do it?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
CR 125 RMX 250 said:
They look like they sit flush and there is no gap in the fuel air opening. They were shaved so that they no longer sit at the peak they sit at the halfway point between the peak and the opening. What do you suggest I love the bike and want to race hare scrambles with it. So I need no top end all I need is the low end can I make this bike do it?

I hope you didn't pay for this "mod", sounds to me like it probably don't do anything at all...

Top Bottom