Boysen power reeds review

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
First ride with newly installed Boysen power reeds in my 2000 KDX 200. Bike has a FMF Gnarly desert pipe on it, otherwise stock. The bike definelty has more off-idle pull now, snappier out of corners. Motor is happier to lift the front wheel on demand. I left my jetting alone from before, seems to be okay. Maybe a bit richer? Top end power seems to be the same. Not too bad for a $25 mod.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
KAY DEE EXER said:
It took me about 20mins to install a whole new reed cage so probably close to that.

Same here, just be sure and pick up a reed block gasket from the dealer before hand, mine came apart upon dissassembly.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Keep track of cage orientation when you put it back in. It does go in USD just fine! It doesn't work that way too well, but it does fit.

**edit**
The pic in the manual is wrong..but the text that 'splains it is correct.

Wolf only knows about it 'cuz I told him I did it! ;)

Last edited:

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
It should effect the pilot jet, you said a little rich go down one size and 1 1/2 turns on air screw. 48 is stock with pipe and air box mod 45, and with the new reeds 42 should be spot on.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…