canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You've searched and found.......what?

I got 10 hits with a search for 'radvalve' on this board.

Also, the 'Every kdx rider should read...' thread stuck to the top of this board links you to CDave's site. He has radvalve info listed there.

IMO, it's less than useless considering your other reedvalve choices. Its effect is minimal, the reeds don't last for diddle.

**note** This from a biased point of view. I've compared like bikes with/without. I've seen what boyesen reeds look like after a year's use (fried..) and other reedblock mfgs reeds were perfect. I've compared the radvalve to what I've got now. The radvalve was the loser.

Biased? You bet!

With reason? You bet!

Wibby: On the peak this saturday?

Last edited:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I got 34 hits on "radvalve" at this board

And 1042 hits at google on "boyesen rad valve"

WoW! with the search function back up, I should not have to ask anymore dumb nube questions :confused:

Looking forward to it! :aj:

Last edited:

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I've used a RAD valve since my 1994 KDX200. Pulled it off, sold the bike, put it on my 1996. Slightly better bottom to mid. Better throttle response. Reeds last fine.

But "everybody" says the VForce is better. However, it's not attractive enough to make me ditch my RAD valve and spend $140. If I were starting from scratch I'd go Vforce.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Here's a dumb question you don't need to ask (on 6-16..next tuesday)..

Sure would like to ride on johns peak for the first time. When 'ya goin' next?

;)

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
:confused:

But first I gotta go buy some more pretzels I mean levers!
And any other parts I might need......

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: not close enough to the woods.

That may be part of it. The trashed-in-one-year rad reeds came from riding most every weekend...generally 70 miles a ride, sometimes closer to 100.

To be picky, not 'everyone' likes the DFII better.

If I was 'stuck' with the bike like it ran with the radvalve, I'd be seriously looking at another color bike.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom