Feb 25, 2001
Why did he retire from SX & MX so soon ? Last summer while signing up for a race I was standing next to him when we were filling out our registration for the race and under ( AGE ) he wrote 28....so he cant be any older than 29 by now....Heck there are some pros in there 30's so why did he call it quits so soon ?

DougMXer

Oct 17, 2001
for the benefit of those uneducated yanks, the term mate comes from "mateship" between fellow soldiers during WW1 and 11. "Buds" we use that term for our stash of reefer. Not that I am paying out on anyone, just a little history lesson

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Originally posted by DougMXer
for the benefit of those uneducated yanks, the term mate comes from "mateship" between fellow soldiers during WW1 and 11. "Buds" we use that term for our stash of reefer. Not that I am paying out on anyone, just a little history lesson
Actually, historically mate comes from the sailing term that far precedes WW1 or 2. Shipmate, first mate, etc. But I'm sure you knew that being that you are educated.:debil:

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Bradshaw failed to win the 92 supercross season championship (by a couple of points to Stanton) in the last race!) and never fully recovered. He was highly touted yet had the same attitude(maybe worse) that he has now. I always like a controversial rider being in the sport because it keeps things lively. I see a man like Travis preston who has a sense of humoer and rides well yet tries to be considerate and proper...where are the threads about him. Crack on another rider, being fast and maybe a little dangerous and you get all kinds of publicity be it negative or positive your name is out there...ever wonder why there are "bad guys" in the wwf. I don't know if i would be friends with Damon, Bubba or Langston as i do not know them, but they are good for the series they are in!:eek:

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
The reason he lost to stanton was he crashed hard and was hurt in the prior race, from what I can remember he crashed hard at nearly every race but
was the guy making all the big jumps (somtimes). The guy has gut's and that's why I like him, altho his attitude and personality arnt very nice I
think this is just that he dosn't like the spotlight and cameras.

kharrin1

Jan 16, 2002
DougMXer - It really shouldn't have to be said that words (terms, expressions, etc.) can have different meanings around the globe. If you would complete a thought process you probably could have guessed that our use of rooting is different than yours.

All - BTW I spent several months in Australia over the summer (their winter). Don't let anyone fool you, Australia is no more than another 3rd World Country that doesn't even have the backbone to separate from Mother England. Cutt the apron strings already and stand (or fall) on your own.

I bet anything that DougMXer was 'rooting' for John Eales, what do you say Dougie?

Top Bottom