Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
Can anyone point me to a brake bleeding instruction document. I would like to learn to do this myself and need directions. Thanks, Doug

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I agree with the Mity Vac. I finally broke down last weekend and bought one. It makes this job much easier and does a better job. Auto Zone has them for around 25.00.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I lost my Mitey Vac in my most recent divoce ( amongst a bunch of other things ). What works just as well, and costs only 2.00 is to take a 3 ft. length of clear plastic hose. Coil it up and use your own god- given suction to draw the fluid. Works just as well as the Mitey Vac but not as pretty.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Dougie,

I have to agree with everyone and buy a bleeder. I have don it both ways, they both work. However you will bet better results with the vacuum pump.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by Rcannon
Peter, I did that! The three feet you mentioned is key. One foot is too short and the fluid tastes really bad.

If you don't like the taste of brake fluid, go down to Tractor Supply and buy a big 60cc shringe (from the vet suppy aisle) and use it instead of your mouth. That little hose that slips over the bleader fits the shringe too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom