jbmunnoch

May 7, 2006
My buddy has a 1998 kx250 that he purchased in bad repair. the front brake lever was missing as well as the linkage in between the lever and the plunger in the master cylinder. He had to buy the entire rebuild kit to get the linkage that he required. Once he had all the parts he decided to go ahead and replace the plunger and the packings in the master cylinder. Once he had it all put back together we went to bleed the brakes and we could get NO pressure at the lever. I took the cap off and tried to gravity bleed the brakes, no joy. We decided to pull the line off at the master cylinder just in case there was an obstruction in the line. I could not get any fluid out of the master cylinder. I took the plunger out and checked to make sure that the packings were facing in the right direction and they were, I also checked the diaphragm in the base of the master cylinder and that also seems to be functioning properly. What else could I be doing wrong? I have never rebuilt or even really serviced a master cylinder like this and I was just wondering if there was anytricks to it or if anyone out there has had any similar problems?!?!?! :bang:

Top Bottom