ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
this is a picture of my front brake caliper on my 87 kdx 200, originally i order new pads not thinking twice got them in, not even close to what is on my bike. I have looked through every model of dirtbike from 85 to present on the kawasaki webpage, trying to match mine up.!!!!!!!!! NO LUCK!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE WHAT THESE MIGHT HAVE CAME OFF OF. btw-i have stopped short of going to my kaw/yam dealer, last time i was in there he didn't know what a wr450 was or a kdx200! :debil:

Attachments

• brake.jpg
    brake.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 190

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
thanks i'll look into it

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Forgot to add, that you may scout the classifieds and ebay for a stock caliper for the bike. that is if there is not damage preventing it from mounting.

That looks pretty jerry rigged to say the least. Inbred engineering at its best!

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
thanks for the help guys....you're all right, this was a very well engineered machine, you should see some of the other items i've found on this bike that were not exactly stock!

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
Hey, give us some more photos. I love home engineered mods like these. Sometimes they give others good ideas for how NOT to alter their KDX. I just bought, but do not have yet, an '88. Do you have the stock odometer/timer on yours? Is it still working? Do they often survive 10-15 years of dirt riding?

Mark
'80 KDX175
'85 KDX200
'88 KDX200
'81 XS850 Special

craig

Jan 7, 2002
Just to add fuel:

I'd be looking at rear calipers from early-mid 90's Ninjas. Single piston is usually found on the rear, and purple just seems to fit that time frame.

Good luck!

Craig

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
One smart-mouthed post was enough

Sorry Mother

Seriously the cleanest way is to take the standard steel bracket the calliper slides on, and either cut out a new one, or weld a new piece onto the end of the original plate.

Obviously this will need to be strong & straight. (which is why a pay a competent welder to do mine).

(Honda brakes quite often have threaded pins you can swap into a new plate, I put a twin pot on the front of my kdx).

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
mx175: my odometer is was not on this bike when i got it. ...i wish i could find pictures of brake pads...anyone got one of these ninja's that they could take a pic of?

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
Jason,
Sounds like you might have some spare parts laying around. Can you email me an abreviated list, or post it. Im looking for parts for a restoration.
Tim
TCVezina@aol.com

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
jason, i believe we've emailed each other before about some parts, and yes i would be interested in buying an 87 front brake caliper, and i'm also looking for the rubber boot from airbox to carb. email me @ zwc@twhenterprises.com

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom