SAV217

Dec 10, 2002
Hi All, I'm new to the board and new to riding. I just picked up a '98 KX-125 and it has been running great for the last 3 months.. No problems. Last weekend while at the track I lost my rear brake. Now When I depress the rear lever I can hear air coming from the Master Cylinder. Is this supposed to be happening? I hadn't noticed it before but I haven't been getting real close to the rear MC whole braking either. From what I know of brake systems this does not sound good but before I start to tear everything apart I thought I would check with you all. In bleeding the brakes I have only been able to get a small amount of pressure to the caliper.

Thanks for the help in advance. This looks like a great group of people here.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I'm going to give you the best advice I can. I owned a 99 kx125 and all I had ws problems with both brakes. You can either do 2 things. Send your brake to Dogtown Performance or new master cylinder off either a 2001 or 2002 kx. Don't even bother trying to rebuild it. Learn from my mistakes. It might cost you more now but in the long run you will save.

Erik

WFO

Dec 27, 1999
I'm not sure I'm reading you right. You hear AIR coming from the master cylinder? I know this sounds remedial, but did you just let your resevoir get low and then air got into the system?

Top Bottom