merlinnn

~SPONSOR~
Nov 30, 2002
Hi there,

Can someone please explain the best way to deal with nasty breaking bumps. If I break heavily with the front break the front end gets way out of shape, so I end up breaking more with the rear brake. Is this the corect technique?

Regards

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Most of the time I've found it is easier and faster to pick another line to avoid the really nasty braking bumps and there usually is another line if you look. In the event there is no other option I just handle them like whoops and hang my fanny over the rear fender and go a little easier on the front brake.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Another option is to brake later and harder, past the braking bumps. If the bumps are unavoidable, combine moderate throttle and moderate rear braking, without lockup, to keep the suspension active and keep the rear end in line while you front brake as much as you can under the circumstances.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
merlinnn said:
If I break heavily with the front break the front end gets way out of shape, so I end up breaking more with the rear brake. Is this the corect technique?

No, it is not. There is something wrong with either your suspension or your body positioning. Practise braking in a straight line in a turn where it doesn´t matter if you run wide. Stand up(obviously) and well back.

If you are really slow and the problems occur as you are turning in, then you should already be getting on the gas when the front end gets out of shape.

Top Bottom