Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Ok, 2001 cr125r with 2 hrs on new top end. Mint condition. It has older fuel, and an older spark plug. Im thinking new plug, new gas, and taking it easy for atleast another couple hours. What oil do people run in the cr's? And it has a PC woods silencer and arrester. Stock reeds, should i go v force or boyesen? Its a trail bike, and a cr125 so the low end needs help. Im going to change sprockets too. What should i be at? Front and rear. I have a 51 and a 53. :ride:

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
And what about flywheel weights or just a heavier one altogether?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
It's broken in by now already.

Have an extra spark plug on hand.

Fuel older than 60 days?... pitch it.

Establish what stock gearing is and add 1-2 teeth to the rear (probably 2)

The V Force system may give you better low-end response.

I never liked more FWW on a 125, too hard to get "on the pipe"... when riding a 125 you just got to get use to heavy clutch use and a sliding, swapping, roosting rear-end.

Last edited:

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Rode it today, it flys, but is light down low. I have a 50t rear and stock front, but im gonna go 53 in the rear which i think is stock but my chain is a link too short.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The motor was broken in as good as it gets in the first half hour. You just need to take it easy until it gets warm then give it hell.....

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Congrats! I have that bike but my weight and riding style are probably different. Here's what I run - stock gearing, PC pipe & sparky, Boyesen dual stage fiberglass reeds, PC exhaust manifold (watch the stocker they are prone to cracking), o-ring chain, my jetting changes quite often and my suspension is set for me. See, there's only you, and seat time, that can decide what you need.

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Whats the advantages from Boyesen dual stage compared to the vforce3 block and reeds? And put the boyesen 2 duals into the stock block? and im 5'5" 155lbs whats preferable?for woods?

Top Bottom