Breaking News: Small town sniper

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
starting about 2330 on 5/19, there were shots fired here in Moscow, ID. As of now, one officer dead, one officer in surgery, and one civilian stable after surgery. EMS has been on standby for the last 5 hours. SWAT teams are planning on moving in soon (just now turning daylight).

on CNN right now

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Wow, stay safe and fill us in after.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Damn Pred, that sucks.

Glad the shooter saved us the expense of a "fair" trial.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
full press conference at 0900

watch live feed on krem.com

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks for the links. Reporters have no spontaneous consumption of information received. One reported asked if they had information on where the shooter worked or where he got his weapon, this was after the spokesman stated, "we do not know the identities of the two deceased in the building at this time".
I hope life returns to normal for you folks but I'm sure the left leaning government types will try to force you to give up your guns.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
It does amaze me some of the questions asked. Poor Asst. Chief Duke. He's trying to keep the reporters up to date, basically telling the people that "the dangerous part is over", but they seem to think that the entire investigation is wrapped up.

this stuff takes time, silly reporter type people.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Scary stuff Pred. :yikes:

I guess if it can happen in your lil' burg, it can happen anywhere. :|

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Holy Crap Pred! Did you have to get involved with any of the injured?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
Holy Crap Pred! Did you have to get involved with any of the injured?
nay, m'lady. My delicate flower headed down to Station 1 for standby and took an unrelated injury to Pullman (8 miles west). I did get regular updates from her all morning,though.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Officer Lee Newbill, a 6 year veteran of the Moscow PD, succumbed to his wounds.

He is the first MPD officer to die in the line of duty.

Godspeed.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
indeed. Prayers all around for all involved. Glad you and yours are OK Pred.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
XRpredator said:
Officer Lee Newbill, a 6 year veteran of the Moscow PD, succumbed to his wounds.

He is the first MPD officer to die in the line of duty.

Godspeed.

Godspeed indeed. He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I thought of you when I saw the headines, Pred. Glad you are okay but I'm sorry that others had to lose their lives. :|

When will the world learn...???

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
little more info . . . unconfirmed, but pretty reliable

Sheriff's deputy Brannon Jordan is in serious condition, but stable after surgery.

The shooter was allegedly up for a felony conviction for spousal abuse, and when the sheriff found out his name, he sent someone to his wife's residence. There they found the shooter's wife, beaten to death. :|

also, the second body in the church was church sexton Paul Bauer, who'd recently turned his life around.

Mind you, some of this is unconfirmed but we'll probably hear about it at the next press conference (tomorrow morning at 11 am PDT)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Whoa.

I saw a bit on CNN about an Idaho sniper this morning, but I wasn't paying attention.

Scary stuff.

danjerman

Aug 15, 2000
Yeah, this is definitely some scary stuff!

I am currently attending school at Washington State, Pullman, which for those of you not familiar to the area, is about 9 miles due West of Moscow, ID.

It was enough to have the VT shootings happen farily recently. This effectvely put everyone on their toes for a good three weeks, considereing that we had finals week less than 7 days away. My folks were freaking out because I myself, an aspiring mechanical engineer, spend tons of time in our engineering building here on campus.

To have an act of violence such as this in close proximity, and in such a small town is nuts!? I heard today on the radio that the police department lost their first officer in 118 years of service. My condolences go out to their family...

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Pred I am very glad that you and your family are okay. My condolences go out to the families of those that lost their lives.

Tis a scary, scary world we live in. :|

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Couple more things:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
and:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…