Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Lawman; got it! Thanx a bunch. Should make for some interesting reading!
By and large, the promotors of enduros are retired (or still active) competitors and, predictably, things get heated/involved/extended. Just what you would expect from a bunch of old warriors.
Also take into account that the typical enduro referees' brain has stopped working sometime mid-day on Saturday before the event! I know mine does! Overloaded circuits or something! Seems to get worse with age.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Looks like I'm going to make this one. I'll be pulling in on Sunday morning in time to jump on row 32, then it's a quick dash back to B'ham.

Anyone know if they are getting any rain down there?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
WOW!!!:scream:
The Lemming lives!

Where have you been hiding? ;) I won't make it to this race. I've got to go to Canada for a family thing.

What are your plans for Dirtweek?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Timr
WOW!!!:scream:
The Lemming lives!
What are your plans for Dirtweek?
The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated. :p
Will there be a "Bubba" caravan? Are you guys doing 3 days or 2? I'm thinking that a Thursday arrival would be cool.

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Jan 19, 2000
I'll be in the tent -

...on the verge of lunacy!:eek: I've been given the job of "tent boss". If any of you see me going ballastic, please slap me to straighten me out. Right now I'm in high gear taking care of the last minute details.

We're working hard to put on a challenging yet fun event. (I know, I've chopped some of the "Super Woods" and other trail myself):scream:

And please, no inquiries about the "phantom check" from me on this board; it just isn't the place for it. The matter was taken up and settled last November before the SERA council. All I can say is there are 2 sides to every story, and it's sad it had to happen in the first place.

Anyway, look forward to seeing all of you there!

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Angie, are ya'll getting any rain there? how much new trail is there?
We'll be in for the kid's race sat. and where on row #2 in the morning.
Remember this is fun now, I'm working with the Masterlink team In
wiggens and it's gruelling i'm telling ya.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Yes Timr, JP, and Truespode, I am alive and well. Couple too much administrative activity at work along with a well deserved vacation and that explains my long absence (i'm touched that you even noticed!). However, this is not the forum for such trivial matters:scream: Timr - give me a call at work tomorrow, I can't find your new phone number.

I put on a new S12 tonight and am ready for this race. I hope they've been getting some rain, at least enough to settle the dust for Sunday. Any chance the club is going to post the route sheet on the SERA website?

Mark IT - have they set a date for Masterlinks yet (and please tell me that it is NOT going to be October 7th).

Last edited:

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
HEY LAWMAN!!!

Hey Lawman,
Tell Jerry C. he owes me a 12 pack of Diet cokes:p
He should know what I'm talking about.. I'll be at Breezy around lunch Sat.
I'm also on row 21 for Sun... Looking forward to a great ride:confused:

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Jan 19, 2000
Hey MARK IT -

We've had some rain, but there's no standing water. A little rain to beat down the dust would make for perfect conditions. There's no new trail to speak of this year.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey josh, i'll tell him but you are on your own collecting it! we'll be getting there early afternoon sat, if all goes well (not very likely with our crew). i'm looking forward to seeing everyone again after the summer break!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Anyone know how many races we have to have this year before we can drop one? I know last year it was 8 (due to some cancellations) and the year before it was 9.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
CNM,

I believe that the SERA rule books states that you count 70% of the races (rounded up if not a whole number). There were 13 races scheduled for this year. However the Texarkana endruo was postponed and I doubt it will be rescheduled at this late date, leaving 12 races. 70% of 12 is 8.4, which should be rounded to 9 by SERA rules (not by mathematical rounding). If Masterlinks is cancelled that leaves 11 races, 70% of that is 7.7 and rounding gives 8.

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Lemming, The gas available is, but I'm not sure about the main gas.
Hey dont say anything about our race being canceled, where working to hard
for that. I have to pass on the Rockford race due to them moving it to a
preobligated weekend, so I know how it is.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
They have posted the route sheet on the SERA site. From what I can calculate the short course is less than 40 miles and the gas stop is at 16 (taking into account the resets). Is this race really that short?

Top Bottom