KTM-Lunatic

~SPONSOR~
Mar 2, 2000
Ive never raced Breezy Hill whats it like? im not sure if I should put on a new S-12 or leave on the M78 on the rear. I will be racing this One , No One is going to talk me in to doing the clean up this time. Hotel reservations are made and entries are filled out ,Gear is ready and the bike's will be ready by next wkend. Change oil all the usual stuff. Maybe :ugg: If everything goes the way ive planned :think:

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey loonie, it'll be a little warm--"breezy hill" must be someone's idea of a joke, but they usually have lots of resets to allow the racers to cool off. there will be lots of pine trees, some them growing pretty close together. lots of sand whoops, some pretty wide open stuff in the pines. it's a fun 1. i'll be mounting a new s-12 for it.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Definately go with the S-12. That's what's on the back of my bike. I won't be mounting a new one for this race though. Lawman's description is spot on. It'll be hot, long and Dusty. Two years ago, we Long course riders rode like 18-20 more miles after the cut off, and it was tight. A real contrast to the race course early in the day.

Lawman, I tried to get Mike Burkeen to come down for this race, but I don't think he could fit it in his schedule. YOu mempho guys need to twist his arm until he attends an enduro. Drag his butt down to Alabama for the Rockford race in September.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
tim, we've been working on him & anybody else who'll listen, trying to get them to pass on the scrambles for 1 stinkin' weekend & try an enduro, without much success. everybody up here wants to do hs races, i think the timekeeping aspect & fear of the unknown keep them from it. mike's a great guy, we'll keep working on him.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
SAND. Stupid stuff broke my wrist two years ago. It is a good race, it's just alittle dusty.

Cannonracer

May 17, 2002
Sounds like "Earl Land" to me. He was doing very well last year there and was tied for the lead but was on a later row and it rained on him and not the early to middle rows where most AA riders ride.

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
law,

I told Mikeb that he could ride on my row, and that I'd do all of the timekeeping AND explain to him what was happening when we were riding in the race. oh well.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hunh, & i've offered to find him a spot for his bike & body to get down there, as it is a pretty intimidating drive from here. oh well, maybe we'll get him to 1 someday.

KTM-Lunatic

~SPONSOR~
Mar 2, 2000
Ive got the new S-12 on and alot of new parts to boot. When I started to pull the axel it was seized so to make a long painful story short . I have a new axle , bearings, seals and sleeve. Im Thankful fo Mikes cycle in Baton rouge that they had the parts .I called about 10 dealers and no one had the axle, Same Story KTM doesnt have it so it will have to come from over the big water , I thought my race was over before it started. And if anyone needs to know the Motel 6 in Alex has rooms for 40 bucks comparied to 60 + at most other motels

KTM-Lunatic

~SPONSOR~
Mar 2, 2000
Ive got the new S-12 on and alot of new parts to boot. When I started to pull the axle it was seized so to make a long painful story short . I have a new axle , bearings, seals and sleeve. Im Thankful fo Mikes cycle in Baton rouge that they had the parts .I called about 10 dealers and no one had the axle, Same Story KTM doesnt have it so it will have to come from over the big water , I thought my race was over before it started. And if anyone needs to know the Motel 6 in Alex has rooms for 40 bucks comparied to 60 + at most other motels . Well the Bike is ready and so am I , Now let it rain and Ill be Happy

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
I'll be there with the crew and in the usual disorder. I'm off the 89KX and on a 94 KX250 and this will be my first woods ride on it.
I hope this rain hangs in here till just before the ride!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom