Bridgestone M601 & M602 Tires

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Time for new skins on the RMZ 450. Looking at Bridgestone M601 & M602 tires, front and rear. Opinions? My local track is a mix of mostly intermediate, some hard pack and a little soft dirt.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I believe it's the 601's & 602's that came on my RM stock. We have similar soil conditions as yours. I thought the front one stunk.......BAD. I put up with the rear until it wore out though. I like Dunlops new 742 up front, and their 756 in the rear. Michelins M12s are popular around here too.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000

Stock tires were the 401 & 402. I'm still on the front, but its time to replace it. Currently the rear has a Pirilli M32. It has performed & worn well, however the knobs on the sides are starting to tear at the base of the knob.

I've never been overall impressed with Dunlops and have no desire to purchase them. The Michelin M12 however have been on my list, I've just never dropped the coin for them.

Oldman125

Jul 1, 2006
Maxxis IT rear and SI front should do you real well. Inexpensive, long wearing and great traction. Michelin S12s are good and Pirelli M16 is a good tire too for general use.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Anyone else have an experience with Bridgestone M601 & M602 Tires?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
ThumperCJH said:
get dunlop

I guess you missed the comment I'm not impressed with Dunlops and I have no desire to purchase them.

Let's be a little more clear. I've never liked Dunlops. Two seasons ago I had a issue with a new Dunlop tire that they would not stand behind. Result, I will never purchase another Dunlop product. I have been happy with the Pirilli M32 and will most likely go with Pirilli's front & back. :think:

Thomas17

Jan 16, 2007
I'm with you on the Dunlops. I use Brigestone 602's 'cause I ride on super slippery hard pack and 402's when the track gets tacky and loamy in the wet season. Unless you want to fork out the $ for Michelin, you should go, in my opinion, with another 402. But that's your choice. Brigestones have been most effective on both when I rode 2 strokes and now on my 4fiddy. I go with what works, not what lasts the longest.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
My KX had 601/602 on it when I bought it but I have no idea if they worked or not. I was busy coming to grips with the power difference between it and the KDX.

You mentioned Michelin's. I had the MH2 front and rear on my KX when I sold it and really liked them. They are the only other int./hard tires I have used and they seemed to hold up well and I thought they offered pretty good traction on everything.

They now call them MH3. Same tread pattern I believe. I wasn't very impressed with the M12 that came on my Gas Gas but to be fair they spent a lot of time in the rocks which would kill any tire fast.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…