Broken carb

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I was cleaning my carb recently and checking things out. I wanted to double check the air screw adjustment so I turned it all the way in and then I turned it all the way out. At about 2 turns it it got stuck and I was unable to turn it back in. I ended up stripping the screw out trying to turn it in or out. It ended up at about 2.25 turns out. I tried to remove the screw with an easy out but the brass screw expanded and cracked the screw housing. I didnt drill all the way to the taper and it is still sealed up, so I just filled it in with epoxy. I was running a 52 pilot, so to adjust for the increase in air to the pilot circuit, I'm going to try a 55 or 58. And I'm putting in a v-force reed block.
Do ya'll think this will work? I'd like to avoid getting a new carb if I can. $337 list.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
no i don't think it will work try the www.carbparts.com i bet it will be a lot less money

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
It works fine. Thanks for all the responses.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Some of then guys I ride with don't even know what the air screw is, let alone adjust it. Although their bikes tend to spooge alot, they seem to run well enough. I guess, sometimes ignorance really is bliss!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…