Brown oil

Azz

Mar 8, 2003
Hey guys...When i'm running my bike i get a bit of brown coloured oil leaking from the end of the exhasut pipe...It doesn't pour out or anything, but something isn't right....Could this be related to the throttle that continues to rev high for a second after i've stopped revving it? Like crank seals or something??
Thanks guys...

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
Sounds like you have a leaking crank seal. The brown oil is most likely unburt transmission oil. As for the bike revving after you let off the gas, you are most likely lean because of jetting or an air leak. The only thing is that with a transmission-side crank seal leak, it wouldn't cause an air leak because the seal is submerged in oil. Sounds like something else is leaking air.

Azz

Mar 8, 2003
So you think it could be the manifold that connects the carby to the engine hey? I realised something earlier today, that when i screw the air screw in all the way it doesn't seem to be as bad....Is this just my imagination??
Next, i'll muck around with the jetting, which jet should i increase? Or can i just muck around with the needle? At low revs it returns good, but when i rev it high it stays up for a bit..
thanks!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…