cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Read this on racer x this morning, is this for real?

August 24, 2005

Brown off of Team USA?

Racer X received this email last night from Dan Dilkey, the manager for Mike Brown:

Following a meeting regarding the Motocross des Nations last Sunday at Binghamton, New York that included Kevin Windham, Ricky Carmichael, Roger DeCoster, and Steve Whitelock of the AMA (and not Mike Brown), and while smack-dab in the middle of preparations for his Motocross des Nations effort, Mike Brown was informed by the AMA this afternoon that he will not be a member of the 2005 US Team as previously announced. With all personal and sponsor reservations confirmed Mike must now unwind those efforts, personally absorb the cost of all those reservations and preparations, and stay home.

Apparently, the decision to remove Brownie from this year’s Team came from Kevin Windham, Ricky Carmichael, and Steve Whitelock. Completely caught off-guard by the decision especially considering that this effort is all on Brown’s coin, Mike was totally pumped to finally be realizing his MXDN dreams. However, with those dreams now shattered Brownie must focus on finishing up this year’s National Series on a positive note, and then look towards preparing for the 2006 AMA 250 Supercross and 125 National Motocross Series, which he’ll be riding.

Brownie only hopes that his replacement (whoever that may be) will be 110% dedicated and committed to this effort as he was and wishes the rest of the US Team the best of luck in their effort to bring the MXDN trophy back home to the US, which is where it belongs.

Mike, his Team, and his family would like to thank all of their sponsors and fans for their support of Mike’s 2005 efforts, as follows: Ken and Kirk Hayes and the entire staff at JIM’S Motorcycle Sales, Parts Unlimited, Thor, Randy Richardson and Michelin, Deluge Spring Water, HJC Helmets, Utopia, Alpinestars, Renthal, Etnie’s Shoes, N-Style, Tokyo Mods, Vortex Ignitions, Plasticwerks, Haan Wheels, Big Minis, SDG, Bel Ray, Honda Red Rider’s Club, and The Netwerk, LLC.

Stay tuned to Racer X Online for more on this breaking story.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
This morning there was an interview with Brown dated 08/24 on the AMA page. In the interview Brown told how happy he was to be on the team, how he and RC were good buds, etc... I cut and pasted a portion of the interview in the USA Team confirmed thread.

Wish I had pasted the whole thing, as the Brown interview has since been removed from the AMA page.

Not a good sign for Brown at all. I expect official confirmation he's out will wait until they are ready to announce the replacement rider.

FWIW, Brown has not had a podium finish since Budd's Creek, the 4th round of the series. Since Budd's, there have been 12 motos and he has only made the top 5 twice and his best overall was 6th at Unadilla.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I didn't realize that this had been discussed in another thread until I read the MXDN team confirmed thread. sorry on the duoble thread.

Top Bottom