jgeaux

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2003
I have always thought that Bubba will race the Nationals on a 125 until today. He won the east/west supercross titles which he says he always wanted to do. He has already won the nationals on a 125. With all the talk of him leaving Kawasaki, which in recent history Kawasaki has not been sucessful keeping riders. They may be suggesting he ride a 250, because it could be their only shot at winning a 250 championship in the near future. He is out at Glen Helen riding a 250? Just my thoughts.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sure would be sweet to start eating all that crow this summer instead of next though. Ya know, crow isn't that bad with BBQ Sauce.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I've been thinking along the same lines.

Would be very cool. :cool:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
What is the purpose of racing? To win against other competition! Well those 125 titles don't mean $h!+ because JS had no competition!

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Okiewan said:
What other time are you referring to?

I was just kidding with you Okie cause you said it isn't bad with BBQ sauce, so I assumed you must have had it before.

Don't worry, I'm quite prepared to eat a few mouthfulls as well if Reed doesn't perform as well as I hope.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
mdkuder said:
To win against other competition! Well those 125 titles don't mean $h!+ because JS had no competition!

Well by those standards I guess RC's perfect season is valued about the same as Bubba's titles.

One other aspect to consider that's been bandied about is that if Bubba heads out on a 250 before he get's next years contract done and starts to get beat or is not quite up to expectations his negotiating power is somewhat weakened.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
He's not going to do it, unless his father changed his mind. The only reliable source as to what James is doing is Big Bubba. He said unabashedly James' first and last 250 race for this year will be the US Open, and that he won't be riding a 250 in the nationals.

BTW, you guys still talking KTM? Or are there other rumours I've missed?

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I don't know. Now you guys got me thinking. If Kawasaki does not have the funds to keep Stewart on for next year, this year might be the only real chance they have of claiming a #1 250 plate. The factory not Bubba's dad will determine what he rides.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
just expanding on chili's point, if bubba does ride a 250, and does win by a mile, his negotiating power is increased and kawasaki's chances of keeping bubba is diminished.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I don't know 842, the talk is he is going to be the highest payed rider to date, even more than RC, the winning-est(thats right) rider in the history of the sport. How much more can a sport like MX (see bush league motor sport) pay to one rider?

If he kills the 250 class it's pretty much what everyone expected. If he loses the price of Bubba would go down.

Last edited:

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
good point...but the the industry still has some level of doubt(not much, but some) as he has never raced a 250, if he jumps up and eliminates all doubt then his price can only go up, he stands to lose more than he could gain by stepping up early though.

Mar 28, 2004
for him to "possibly" not do well on 250's is not worth the advantages of "dominating" the 125's outdoors....exspecialy when it comes to next session negoations...$$$$$$

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
I still think the world is bubba's oyster no matter what he does.

Top Bottom