CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Would this be a commercial track or a private track? How many bikes are you looking to accommodate?

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
i'd like to provide a place for kids and others to practice. this is in an area where the nearest mx practice track is 100 miles away. so I guess it would be commercial. I'd like to have something around the size of Walden or Ace if you are familiar.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Well for a track and parking I'd think that you would only need 15 acres or so (5 for the track, 10 for parking). The problem, especially in NJ, will be buffer space. Because of noise and dust, I'd think you would need 100 or more acres. I'd suggest that you check with the local zoning officials.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
thanks, i was thinking 15-20 acres. this wouldn't be in NJ, but I will have to think about zoning. any rough guess on what this will cost to get started (not including the land)? I've got a couple investors lined up

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Really depends on the natural features of the land and whether you'll have to bring in dirt or haul-out rocks. You'll also have to improve an area for parking/pits. I would think that construction costs for the track would be between $5,000 to $10,000 for the simplest layout.

Considering that you’ll need to do daily track maintenance, you will need to buy some heavy equipment such as a dozer and large bucket loader.

You have to give consideration to a watering system as well. This could cost more than the track itself.

Top Bottom