mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
I was wondering if I can actually buy OEM (in my case kawaski) jets from my local kawasaki dealer. Or will I have to buy aftermarket jets? I need to re-jet at some point, so I will buy a whole bunch of smaller/bigger jets for all circuits.

Also, How many sizes up/down from the stock jets do you think I should buy? All I am doing is taking off the stock pipe/silencer and putting on a PC pipe/silencer. Also, the bike already has a rich pilot which I didn't bother to lean out yet.

Thanks for any help; you guys are amazingly helpful!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Last time I asked a Kawi dealer for a main jet, it was about $8. Mail order chains will sell you 2 for $5. Also, Kawi only had increments of 10 and I needed and increment of 5. You will probably save a bunch of $$$$ if you buy online. Also, Kawi uses Mikuni or Keihin carbs (not sure which you have) and sell you jets from the carb manufacturer. These are the same jets everybody else sells.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
CspineRider said:
Buy the JD jet kit. Their better jets and they give you a bunch of sizes up and down and 2 needles as well.

Are all jets the same despite the brand name or something? Is the actual number on them the only factor?

I was actually hoping to buy OEM jets (which in my case I guess would be mikuni jets).

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
The numbers are the same. The difference is the performance. They are high performance jets. You will notice a huge difference from the The JD jets vs the OEM jets. They are made better and more precise. This is the smartest thing you can do for your bike. The kit is pricey though, but worth it. Here is the link to jdjetting.com and the kit for your 02KX250

http://jdjetting.server304.com/xcart/product.php?productid=22&cat=1&page=1

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
KX250's use Keihin. They are right about Kawasaki not listing all available jets for your bike. Kawasaki doesn't make the carb or the jets. If you don't mind paying extra you can have the dealer order them for you or Sudco can get you Keihin jets for less.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
I'll just go with the JC jet kit. And yes, you guys were right, the kx 250 does use the keihin carb, I goofed on that one.

Thank you guys very much for your help!

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
CspineRider said:
The numbers are the same. The difference is the performance. They are high performance jets. You will notice a huge difference from the The JD jets vs the OEM jets. They are made better and more precise. This is the smartest thing you can do for your bike. The kit is pricey though, but worth it. Here is the link to jdjetting.com and the kit for your 02KX250

http://jdjetting.server304.com/xcart/product.php?productid=22&cat=1&page=1

HMMMMM it apears that the JD jetting kit only comes with main jets & needles, but no pilot jets, and I definintely need pilot jets.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
What increments does the main jet & pilot jet go up an down in? is it increments of 5 for BOTH the main & the pilot? thanks.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
example would be for main 168, 170, 172,skips 173 and 174 and continues with 175,skips 176 and 177 then continues with 178, 180 etc for the pilot it is the same thing, 52, 55, skips 56 and 57, then continues with 58, 60, 62,skips 63 and 64 then continues with 65 etc. Yeah JD doesnt sell pilot jets for the 2 strokes but however sells the leak jets for the 4 strokes. I dont know why. Hope this helps.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
CspineRider said:
example would be for main 168, 170, 172,skips 173 and 174 and continues with 175,skips 176 and 177 then continues with 178, 180 etc for the pilot it is the same thing, 52, 55, skips 56 and 57, then continues with 58, 60, 62,skips 63 and 64 then continues with 65 etc. Yeah JD doesnt sell pilot jets for the 2 strokes but however sells the leak jets for the 4 strokes. I dont know why. Hope this helps.

I stand corrected, JD jet kits for 2 strokes should come with at least 1 pilot jet. Just go to the JD jetting website and email James Dean. Tell him what you have and ask why the kit on his site doesnt show any pilot jets and also ask him what numbers of main jets come with your bike etc etc. He will set you up to what your bike needs.

Top Bottom