Cahuilla Creek opinions?

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Heard about a new track out off SR-371 East of Temecula... Anyone been there? Whaddaya think?

FYI: Scott Rd. is still ok, and free!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I went to Cahuilla Creek last weekend and after a few laps, I'd have to say that it takes the title as "roughest track in SoCal" away from Glen Helen. The seat, my :moon: and a sharp bump came together at the same time, so now I'm walking around hunched over like a little old man.

There are parts of the track that are fun - like the uphill S-turn and some of the berms, but in general, it's a bit too rough for my old joints and it's an 80 mile drive for me.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Sorry to hear that Holeshot, hope you feel better for tomorrow's ride, wherever that may be...

That sounds like a painfully honest opinion and I appreciate it. I found some pics at proride.com and I thought it looked a bit like C-bad (which closed last week) and pretty well-groomed too. Guess not!

It's 80+ for me too, so maybe I'll just do Barona, but I'd kinda like to try somewhere new.

Happy Riding!

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I was out there last weekend as well and thought the track was awesome. Truley and old style motocross track. The dirt there was truley awesome. Lots of natural hills and tabletop style jumps. It does get rougher as the day goes on but isn't that what motocross is about.

I would definatley say it's worth the drive out there.

:thumb:

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I was there last weekend also, and I had a great time. It is very rough, but I tend to like tracks that get rough (Even though Elsinore is my usual track!). The dirt is great--soft and loamy, so poor grooming isn't the reason it is rough, it's just the nature of the track. Get there early and it isn't too bad.

One of the things I most appreciate is that once it starts to get crowded, they divide the practice sessions. It's nice to not have to worry about Langson landing on my head :)

If you like Glen Helen or Carlsbad, you'll more than likely like Cahuilla. If you like BIG air, then it's not for you.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Yeah, it's worth going there to check it out. If I lived as close to the track as Desert_Racer, I'd strap on the kidney belt and learn to be "old school" moto rider.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Holeshot,

I am going to have to invest in a kidney belt. I borrowed Thumb's for the Carlsbad GP and coundn't believe how much it helped.

chadapotamus

Dec 4, 2002
I've ridden it twice now, I was out there last weekend as well. It's definately one of my favorite tracks now, just could use a few more jumps. I think the dirt is the best dirt in So Cal and the hills, berm, downhill, off cambers and hill jump are great. It gets real rough, but I like that. If I keep riding there, I'll be in such good shape! That place is good to work on your riding technique and endurance.

chadapotamus

Dec 4, 2002
Hey anyone know if they are going to start racing there regularly? I saw the gates, but havn't heard anything about racing.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Oh Myyyy... That place is sooo fun! For my skills it's perfect. I can even clear a couple of the tables, and I actually PASSED a couple of guys (that weren't on mini's!). After 2pm or so there were only about 10-15 people left, and the track never got too rough for me. I really liked the upper section, but that downhill slows me down waaay too much... Gotta learn to rail that outside line, evidently.

The owner (supposedly, I didn't ask him) said they are planning racing regularly, but no schedule has been set yet. Apparently, they will hand out flyer at the entrance when more is set.

Thanks for the opinions folks, yesterday was awesome!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…