gurt

Feb 25, 2006
Hey everybody,
Just finished putting new fork seals on my can am 370 and now I don't know how much oil to put back in. Its got 38mm marzocchi forks if that helps. Does anybody here have an idiea? Also, is there any rule of thumb for roughly figuring out how much oil is needed for future reference? Thanks.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Never had a Can-Am or Marzocchi forks, but for the conventional forks I've had a good rule of thumb is to fill up to 4" from the top of the tube, with the springs out and the forks fully compressed.

Oil level mainly influences bottoming resistance / stiffness at the very end of the travel. If you are not using full travel, take some oil out. If it bottoms too easily, add a little oil. My guess is 4" from the top as measured above will get you in the ball park.

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
ok thanks thats what I was looking for. Thats actually what I did for the forks on my MX125 and it worked pretty well, but I wasn't sure for these forks because they are so much bigger and had pretty much no oil in them at all when I went to change the seals.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Yep,.. DBD is correct,... 3 - 4 inches from the top will get you in the ball park, to be more specific, 90 - 110 mm's, higher oil level will yeild more bottoming resistance.

Top Bottom