can someone tell me the dimensions for an aluminum bike stand?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
well, measure the bottom area of your bike, and figure out how high you want it.

Make the top about 6 inches larger each direction.. That'll make it an easier target to hit when you are tired.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
k. i just started making one thats 16 inches high and the platform is 9 inches square.

im going to make the inside for putting oil and stuff in.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Depends on the brand, grab the one that you use and check.

Wait a minute, you are worried about a stand and don't have a bike yet? I'm a little confused.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
lol... ill be buying a bike in the next week or two. i was just bored and figured i should make a bike stand. its all done now and is 16.5 inches high with a 9x9 inch platform on top. i can fit 2 bottles of oil in the bottom.

scottiedawg66

Sep 26, 2006
i made my own stand out of alum as well 16" high x 10" square top, however now i need to rivet a piece of rubber to the top so make setting the old hoss down easier on the paint on the frame.

~scott

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
Haha, I just made one too!!! I was gonna go with 16'' high but I wouldn't have enough metal for it...So I went with 15" which will be high enough for my bike. If not, I'll just weld some feet on it to make it a little higher! But all in all, its built like a tank... I betcha it could hold 500 pounds easy :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom