Can you remove this bearing w/o splitting cases ??

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Any suggestions for removing the ball bearing supporting the transmission input shaft - the one immediately behind the clutch hub - without splitting the cases ?? It obviously exits outwards but how to "grab" it. There's substantial radial play in it and likely the cause of my clutch noise and vibration. Sage just stated that a KDX clutch is inherently noisy -- how much so ??

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: how much so? (noise)

Never 'measured' it.....but kawi's make a lot of racket. Less noise from the clutch if you run, say 900ml oil instead of the 700ml spec.

Don't know about the bearing.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
If the bearing has play in it you should definitely replace it, if it is the cause of the noise or not. I had that bearing go in my CR before, the lose fragments and balls took some gears with them! :(
That bearing is often reasonably lose in CRs anyway, heat around it and it might just pull out easily... Maybe use a pointed nose pliers to grap one of the balls? When putting the new bearing in, freeze it in the freezer and heat around where it will go, it should then just fall into place...

Top Bottom