Canard versus Villopoto

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
Does anyone else thing Canard really panic-gassed it there for no reason to boot RV off the track?

Not like it was the last lap and he had to go for it or die... he could have given the line to RV (who obviously had it) and fight for it later....

IMO that move was borderline stupid and using RV as a berm was not really a fair way to hand out an AMA title IMO....

I know rubbing is racing but that seemed like a lame thing to do right there....

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Canard admitted that he did it on purpose, but he did so with semi carefully chosen words. Had he kept it clean, there is little chance that he could have kept pace with a determined leprechaun. All of the contact came from sliding a back tire into Villipoto. I hope that track worker is OK. Rubbin' is racing, and I doubt Mr. Villipoto will be forgetting this one anytime soon.

cthowards

~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2006
I'm not sure Villopoto wouldn't have been just as aggressive if the roles were reversed. In any event, it was disappointing that Villopoto had to complain to AMA officials afterwards. They are both extremely talented riders so I am looking forward to the outdoor season.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Villopoto punted Alessi a few times in his first season in the outdoor series.. I like both of them, and was having a hard time deciding who I wanted to see win it more.

They are both outstanding riders and will take up where the other leprechaun left off.

I am also very much looking forward to the outdoor series!!

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I think Canard's move was fine, and agree that Villipoto would have done the same thing. I also enjoyed the bleep bleep little interview with Villipoto after! I like both of the riders, but favor the Okie of course. My next door neighbor raced with Canard since they were both 4 years old and he says Canard was always stinkin fast.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
The 200% thing just rubs me the wrong way...gives me shivers for lack of a better word every time I hear it.....

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
samham said:
The 200% thing just rubs me the wrong way...gives me shivers for lack of a better word every time I hear it.....

That and most everything Ralph Shaheen says ;)

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
It's not just you samham, I was a huge math nerd in high school and hearing anything more than 100% from these guys drives me crazy.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I find it much more apealing to watch the sx races with the TV muted. Pop in a good cd that gets ya in the mood to ride and it's all good.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…