Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
Does anyone have experience with the new Cannondale line, I am coming off of a 99' yz400f (which i love) but it is time for a new bike and I am torn between that and the KTM 450 exc.

The one thing that I really like about the Cannondale is the Fuel Injection, and the only other company making a F.I. bike is Gas Gas from what I hear. I mainly ride the desert, but want to start riding up in the high Sierra Mtns in the summer so I think the F.I. would be a huge benifit.

Any info would be great.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I'm not too familiar with their new bikes, but I remember their first release a couple years back had problems with overheating....which would be multiplied riding wideopen in the desert - if the problem still exists. I hope for your sake (and my general curiousity) someone on here can answer your question! I've noticed a recent thread about cannondales but no one offered a first hand ride report. Good luck with your selection!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I thought cannondale was going under? I thought I read a press release someone posted from cannondale that they we're going to be closing down the motorcycle plant. But this was this offical? but it listed the companies earnings and they took a huge hit in sales. It looked like to me it was costing them more to make the bikes kinda like for every 4 made only one sold. Someone told me it was cause of the quads costing them to much to make but i've seen more cannondale quads than I have ever seen bikes. Does anyone know offically what the deal is? Cause I know there were alot of rumors going around about this but the last one I read seemed like the real deal. I'm only bringing this up cause I'd hate to see ya buy a new one and then end up with no support for it. But i'm only speculating someone most know for certain.

jwh_wv

Dec 5, 2002
The local Cannondale deal around here dropped them because they were not selling bikes and just an occasional quad. I hate to see them go under, especially after Honda stole their frame design.

I know at the GNCC races you see a couple of dozen quads but only two or three bikes.

The reliability of the quads went up tremendously and they are now excellent race machines. I just dont think the sale numbers were there for the bikes.

I hope they at least keep the quads coming, i was hoping to get a "speed" next fall.

If you have a local Gas Gas dealer i would defiantely check them out, sturdy reliable bikes. I know its not a F.I., but check out the YZ/WR450.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Before you buy you better read this: http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1777416

And if you have any interest in the truth about them here is there financial status: http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_news.asp?cpath=D%3A%5Cwww%5Cnasdaq%5Cnews%5Cen%5C2002%5C11%5C12%5CEN0000932440%2D02%2D0004350000930795%2Etxt&cdtime=11%2F12%2F2002+5%3A20%3A00+PM&currpage=1&coname=Cannondale+Corporation&logopath=http%3A%2F%2Fa676%2Eg%2Eakamaitech%2Enet%2Ff%2F676%2F838%2F1h%2Fwww%2Enasdaq%2Ecom%2Flogos%2FBIKE%2EGIF&market=Nasdaq%2DNM&PageName=Company+News&selected=BIKE&symbol=BIKE%60

Dont look good :( ......
Woodsy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom