Can't get to comp/reb adjusters under TAG bars

nostones

Jan 18, 2002
My comp/reb clickers are impossible to reach without removing my TAG bulge bars....a flathead 90 will not get it as there just isn't enough space. The forks are low in the clamp, but the bars keep me from getting in to make adjustments. Has anyone come up with a way to get to these clickers for easy adjustment while riding? I am trying to get my settings dialed in, but it's a bit tedious having to remove my bars to set one click in or one click out.

99 KTM 250 EXC/TAG Bulge bars/Scotts clamp

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time!

Sean

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
You can get to one by twisting the fork legs in the clamps. The other one, you're kinda screwed on. Maybe you can jury rig a tool?

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
Lots of people have had this problem, and as a result don't bother to tune their ride. My final solution on my YZ came in the form of a Oberg triple clamp. All I have to do now is take a 19mm wrench and loosen (not remove) the bar mounts and slide them back. After making the neecessary rebound adjustment, just slide it back where you want it and tighten them back down. Sweet setup!
The dovetail style mounting of the Oberg clamp is what makes this easy. You can also get like 4 different height options on the barmounts I beleive. It was a spendy solution, but one of the better investments I made for the bike.

nostones

Jan 18, 2002
Thanks for the reply, guys. I am going to have to pass on the Oberg setup....I like my Scott's as it is ready for the damper. Regardless, I think a short term solution has been found! I am an avid golfer and found an old 'divot tool' in my bag. I bent one of the tines on the aluminum tool just enough to get into the clicker and turn it with no problem (without any damage to the brass, of course.) Thanks for you time and I will be field testing this weekend after the Atlanta Supercross!

ciao

Top Bottom