Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
Hi everyone, I am still having some idle problems with my kdx 250. I Bought this bike in the fall and thought I had it running PPPeeerfrct until today, I installed all the old stock carb parts(Jets, Needle ect) new and today I fired up the bike for a quick ride +2degrees c and as soon as the thing warmed up it started to srceem at idle, (LEAN I ASK???) Had to drive it home in third 10mph haha. Anyway The idle screw didn't do a thing as well as the air screw. Could a bent reed cause this??
Lookin for advice thanks.
PS Setup is 160 main
55 pilot (Rich but calls for a 60)
1.5 turns
Thanks again

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
You either have a stuck throttle cable which probably isn't it or there is a major air leak into the carb. There could be something holding the slide open in the carb too. Check that you put the carb back together correctly and that the slide is working before screwing it back together. Check the boot between the air filter and the carb to see if it has dry rot. If it does replace it. Hope that helps.

Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
Thanks man

It was the thottle cable, It was too asort and adjusted all the way ou, I thad to cutoff one of the lok nuts n orderto make it just long enough. Thebike finally idls gooed again.
thanks gai

Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
The typer

Its a long story man with my typing latley, I just finished my basement and never unhooked my computer so thedrywall dust is everywhere especially in the keyboard, thats how much i love you guys I dont want to unhook or cover the machine for more that a minute. HAH :yeehaw: A

louis

Sep 2, 2002
Drywall dust. Did your dog eat the cable that was the correct length? I love this site. I learn and laugh at the same time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom