Can't wait for the week to end

kawa06

Nov 16, 2003
My dad called me and said that the PC platinum II pipe came in the mail this weekend, and am I excited (btw www.midwestmoto.com has them and they ship it fast). I'm in exam week right now at Clemson and I cant wait till the week is over so I can put on my new pipe. But anyways...to the point - When i jetted my bike with the stock pipe, I kinda cheated because it was running OK at WOT and i didn't even mess with the main jet in anticipation that I was getting a new pipe, plus I couldnt ride too much b/c of school. With this new pipe, though, is there any concern that the engine will blow running WOT for 30 sec. I ride on my farm mostly in woods and fields, and I never ride wide open for more than a few seconds, and I dont know what to expect. Also, where do you guys recommend a place to ride WOT for that long b/c our fields are terraced and i cant get a straight, flat run long enough...i was thinking just go down the road that i live on since there isn't much traffic (I'm sure a Cop would love to see me doing that).

Thanks,
kawa06

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Chances are you will have to lean the mixture anyway for the new pipe. So... no, I don't think you will blow it up. But you need to get the jetting close before doing the WOT chop to check the final jetting. :thumb:

Last edited:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
It will be close..... from: http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/carbtuning.html

1997 to 2003 KDX220

Stock run a 42 pilot jet,the stock R1173L jet needle in the second from the top clip position, a 142/145 main jet and fine tune the pilot circuit using the air screw.

With a performance pipe/expansion chamber, air box mods , the factory or after-market silencer and the stock 33mm carburetor run a 42 pilot, the stock R1173L jet needle in the second from the top clip position, a 145/148 main jet and fine tune the pilot circuit using the air screw.

Same as above but with your carburetor bored between 35 and 36mm or running a 1988 to 2003 KDX200 35mm carb jet according to 95 to 2003 KDX200 requirements.

Addition of Boyesen reeds or a Boyesen RAD Valve will require you to lean the pilot and main jet one size and readjust your air screw.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom