wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
..rode 124 miles Saturday, at the Prospect OHV Trail System. What a blast! :aj:

There were only 3 other riders in the area! I don't know where everyone else was at, but they surely missed out on a great ride on a great day!

I've included a pic taken atop Hershburger Lookout, 6200' The view was SIMPLY AMAZING!
The pointy rock just above the tree line is called Rabbit Ears and Mt. Mclaughlin is in off in the distance.

Attachments

• dsc00017.jpg
    dsc00017.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 270

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
124 miles isn't too shabby for one day of riding! The view definately looks amazing too.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Here's another pic... Too bad lens had so much crap on it (carvr pointed that out later) ;)

Picture yourself 7,700 years back in time, if you were to be in this same place looking this same direction, Mt Mazama would be towering before you at over 12,000' tall. Now all that remains is Crater Lake! I guess they would call this Crater Rim... It's elevation is around 8,000' - 9,000'

Attachments

• crater lake72kb.jpg
    crater lake72kb.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 204

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
Wibby,

I'm glad you both had a good time again, but one more posting of views such as those, and I hope you burn in h:flame: ;) You guys make me want to give up my serene east coast existence to come ride with you.

Again,
great views

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
Very cool pics. Reminds me much of some of the area I ride in here in Idaho. Very beautiful and peaceful looking. Good place to light up one of those noisy kdx's , throw out the clutch, and get in touch with nature. Anyway, awsome pics.

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Oh man, I'd give anything for riding like that around here! That stuff reminds me of the mountains in NC. Now I live in TX, where there are no mountains... just oversized ant hills :(

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I think I have to make a trip to Oregon to ride with you two. Got a KDX for me?

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Man, What a view !!!! I would have a hard time trying to decide whether to go riding or go climbing. No, wait, I would ride to the climb; then go climbing; then pass out on top from all the endorph's. I don't know how in the hell I would get home. Call me GREEN !!!

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Hey RJ-KDX; "You're Green!" LOL!
Sweet Pics Wibby, sounds like you and CC were moving out to cover 120+ miles in a day! Good Ride!!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Once again Wibby, nice pictures. Which one of you has the dual headlights on the KDX? Do they work any better than stock? CC looks like he's chillin big time!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Carvr's has the duals

It works better than mine did ( mine started going dim, don't know what happened)

We found that chair at a campsite, it was pretty comfy!

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
Very nice pictures. I ride in similar terrain (Canadian Rockies) and just finished a 70 mile trek. Just enough river glacier crossings (about 30 of the same river) to keep me and the bike nice and cool. Alot of the rockies in Alberta now have a complete ban on combustible engines due to forest fire hazards :( Always seems to happen this time of year.

-------------------------------
'93 KDX 200 - it's all stock baby

Top Bottom