Canyncarvr - Fork Bleeders

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
canyncarvr;
I remember you posted for some info on fork bleeders awhile back.  I don't know if you got what ya needed, but I found this tonight while browsing around and thought of your post  http://www.kevinscycleracing.com  They are under the suspension link on the left of screen. 
Lew

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I bought some bleeders (Motion Pro I think) from Dennis Kirk.
The original set had you drill out the cap (I suggest a lathe) and tap w/ a 1/8" pipe tap.
A later set had this adapter that went from 1/8" pipe to origianl thread (no boring holes but adapter made bleeder sit waaaay up there)
They look cool, but I did not notice a difference as there rarely is any pressure build up (and when there is, it is minimal)
I installed before MX Tech rebuild, and it seemed to have more pressure then
Either I don't ride hard enough, or these bikes don't really need them :think:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I have a set on the KDX250 and there is always pressure there after a good ride. Like you said, probably varries by the forks on the necessity of them.

mikeclaridge

Jan 6, 2003
IM trying to find out how much oil requird in front forks on a 99 kdx200 im fittingrace tech 40kg springs

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Lew: Thanks for the info.

mikec: It's not a matter of oil volume, but oil height. You can USE an oil volume figure, but that's not as exact as level (sez me).

Start with 100mm. Spring out. Fork compressed and upright.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…