stable

Dec 29, 2008
Hello again,

Ok after serveral wrong levers recieved through the post from obviously confused ebay sellers can someone help me.

Dropped the bike probabily the day after I got it and snapped the lever. Stripped it then left the bike up over the winter.

Then went to sort it and cannot remember where the old lever went, to match replacement. I know i'm an idiot.

So could someone provide me with a link or detail info on what I need to get my front brake working again. I only have what is in the pic, I remember the old one had 2 parts and a spring :coocoo:

brake.jpg

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Why not go to the archive's at servicehonda or check a parts schematic at bikebandit? You are right about there being a spring, and the other part is probably the bolt/pivot that goes through the lever. The spring seats in the perch and the back of the lever to keep it extended until you pull on it...

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
The mounting holes have been butchered! Good luck with finding the right bolt and lever combo!

www.kawasaki.com, then Owner Info and Parts Diagrams to see the microfiche, with what other models use the same part numbers.

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
stable said:
Hello again,

Ok after serveral wrong levers recieved through the post from obviously confused ebay sellers can someone help me.

Dropped the bike probabily the day after I got it and snapped the lever. Stripped it then left the bike up over the winter.

Then went to sort it and cannot remember where the old lever went, to match replacement. I know i'm an idiot.

So could someone provide me with a link or detail info on what I need to get my front brake working again. I only have what is in the pic, I remember the old one had 2 parts and a spring :coocoo:

brake.jpg

what year is the bike?

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
yeah any bike that has the front mounted hose ought to work because most all of the bango bolts on dirt ikes use the same size and threading.

get the whole thing master cylinder and all

glad2ride he says 89 in the "bikes" under name

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Did you ever look in the comics section of the paper on Sunday to play that game where there were two pictures, with one having 6 different things than the other? Well, this is somewhat similar. I see 7 things that are different from a 1989 model that a 1988 model has. Anyone spot them? How many can you find?

Top Bottom