Carb Float Setting

Pwgsx

Oct 10, 2004
Does anyone know the setting for the carb floats. The guy at the local shop said that might be the problem with the bogging on my kdx 200 but after looking at it, I have no idea where to measure from. Any pics or sugestions would help! Thanks

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
See Pic

Sorry about the quality but I’m having a file association problem with new software and it is driving me nuts. ;)

Attachments

• Float.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Pwgsx

Oct 10, 2004
So the float should be horrizontal to the outside of the carb?? I might run it to the local shop, I dont want to mess it up. Thanks for the pic though :eek:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Wow you really edited that post, (the auto post notification thingy contained the un-edited post) from what you wrote and deleted it sounds like there could be a bit of dirt or sand or what ever, clogging the main jet, could be varnish too. Did you try simply cleaning it with carb cleaner? Also the attachment says to set the float to 16mm, horizontal will get you close in a pinch but take the time to measure it to be sure.
Do you have a fuel filter after your tank,? Does gas flow freely out the supply line to the carb when it is not attached.

Pwgsx

Oct 10, 2004
Oh,lol, who knows whats on that one. ...... The float was really low so I adjusted it correctly but it didnt fix the problem. Where im at now is on the ON GOING BOG PROBLEM forum link. The carb is clean and dirt/varnish free. I thionk it needs to be jetted but dont know much on how to do that.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…