garywh

Dec 5, 2010
Hi all ,

I have a 2007 KDX200 which was running perfectly with all the correct jetting done etc .Started getting really heavy on fuel and then stated having fuel overflowing .Reset the float levels and now the bike just does not rev out cleanly and even just bogs down anything over 1/3 plus throttle opening .Put a carb on from another bike and it runs fine .Changed over all jets etc and put old carb back and no difference .

A dealer told me there is an o ring inside the carb body that is causing the problem and I have to replace the carb .Any sugestions ?

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
That dealer is talking smack. You need to go through the carb again and make sure it completely clean. The only way to do that is to complete disassemble it and clean every passage thoroughly. If you do that I bet your problem will be solved.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Sounds to me like the the float level is now wrong. The needle valve seat could be dirty, or it could just be worn out. Both my KDX and the kids KX will pee a little on the garage floor if we forget to turn off the petcocks.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
SS109 said:
That dealer is talking smack. You need to go through the carb again and make sure it completely clean. The only way to do that is to complete disassemble it and clean every passage thoroughly. If you do that I bet your problem will be solved.
+1
Last year for the KDX200 was 2006.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
How did you check the float level?

What country are you in? The last year for the KDX200 in the USA was 2006, but South Africa and Australia had them in 2007, I know.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I agree with these posts..worn or dirtly needle seat or wrong float level. My WR was leaking fuel recently and it was just a dirtly needle seat..simple fix.

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
garywh said:
A dealer told me there is an o ring inside the carb body that is causing the problem and I have to replace the carb .
A lot of carburetors have a removable float needle valve seat and that seat has an O-ring on it. If that O-ring goes bad, the float valve seat will leak around the outside even though the needle is shutting it....but that being said, the Keihin carb on your bike doesn't have a removable float needle seat. It's pressed in and not replaceable.

You might want to hook up your carb to the fuel line with the float bowl off and see when the gasoline is shut off at the valve seat and make sure that the float and needle float assemblies are functioning smoothly and not hanging up somehow. :think:

Top Bottom