carb jetting

f7

Apr 23, 2004
I have a 1991 kx250 right now it has a 158 main jet air fuel screw at 3 turns out and a 52 slow jet.There is actually oil that comes out of the silencer onto the rear fender.The mixture is 32:1 and I am using a synthetic oil called golden spectro.I am only running this set up because this is how I bought it.Bike runs great but is kind of a hard starter maybe 8 to 10 kicks and she is running.First it pops out of the pipe once then a few kicks later its running. Dealer tells me main jet stock is a 155 my manual tells me it is a 175 thats a big diffference if you ask me,does anyone know what combination I should be running.I live in upstate ny ,and I mostly trail and field ride.Any input would be appreciated.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Your plug will tell you if your rich or lean. Do you foul plugs? A KX isn't really made for trail riding and very very hard to tune for. It really sounds like you are running rich... try turning in your AF screw to around 1.5 turns and see if it's easier to start with a fresh plug.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I believe GS is fully synthetic, I ran this for a while and noticed spooge with 50:1. I switched to a semi syn and noticed less mess at the rear. I use Maxima SuperM.

Unfortunately I can't help with your jetting (dont know that year bike) but someone on here should be able to help.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…