Quick question about idle jetting

jpgibson

Dec 15, 2009
Put on a Pro circuit, runs well.BUT, when idling for a few minutes ( at most) sometimes conks out ( starts first or second kick), then when I give it some , all spluttery till Ive blown out the cobwebs, then its great.
I think the plug is 'oiling' up a bit.
Jetting at sea level , Sydney Aus is 158 main, 45 pilot, needle second from top.Snorkel gone , slightly larger hole in top of airbox.Otherwise stock.
I'm tempted to try a hotter plug.
Ideas,? leaner on the pilot, ? more tinkering with the airmix screw? try a BPR7ES.
thanks

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
now this idling for a few minutes is this at start up or is this after riding and then iding?

if it is at the warm up period then it sound pretty normal besides the almost conking out, I usually have to "blow the cobb webs" out as well, but after it warms up and I have riden around for about 10 minutes there is no problems with loading up while idling

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Keep tinkering till you find what circuit is making it rich, after you blow the cob webs out. You need the correct plug temperature for sure, read the plug. If the air screw is not effecting it, replace the float valve. Your issue is the pilot/air screw, thank you for not bringing up the main! Keep at it. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom