Carb slide cutaway modification

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I am using an aftermarket PWK carb on my Husky. The original cutaway and pilot jet was far too rich, so I purchased a leaner pilot jet and larger cutaway slide (form 6.0 to 7.0) The idle improved as expected however this did not seem to improve the 1/8 throttle range, as a mattter of fact it made it richer. Am I thinking backwards?? Does a larger cutaway result in a richer mix???

THX

Chris

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Chris hmmm? thats odd your right on the cutaway. Ive only had to mod a slide a few times and it seems to work over such a small throttle range it wasn't worth it. I would think a leaner jet needle "straight" section would be more effective. Not to mention much cheaper as those slides are expensive.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Well, I have a coulple of slides so destroying one is not a huge problem. Yeah I tried the needle thing too. That is why I went with the slide. The problem is in a really narrow band, however it is right where I ride when crusing down the local dirt roads in my neighborhood. Can't do more than 50, else the neighbors get really annoyed.

Chris

Top Bottom