jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Well, I just moved from VA to FL and I'm rejetting my carb on my '01 KX250 tomorrow. It's rich all through the throttle position, I'm stock everywhere too, except I've dropped my needle to the top clip position (160 main, 52 slow, and NAFF needle in top position (2nd from top is stock)) It smokes like a banshee! I've cleaned the filter and reeds are the Super Stock form Boyesen and got maybe 5 hours on them (still in good cond.).

I called the dealer to make sure he had all the jets I needed and he asked me about the size of the Power Jet I've got in it. What is the Power Jet? Do I need to change it too? The only mods I've done to the bike are a Pro Circuit pipe and shorty silencer and the reeds (stock reed cage). The manual doesn't say anything about the size of the Power jet, but it does show a picture of how to remove it (after taking off the float bowl and float). Is it so important that I need to remove it too? :ugg:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I think your slow(pilot, power) jet is what he is reffering to.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The power jet its a special jet that operates only when the little solonoid open on the side of the carb.I dont think the 02 had a powerjet-it came in in 98 on the KX range i think.Some models were delivered with the wrong size jet and Kawasaki issued a bullitin about it.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I would try stepping down on your pilot,50,or 48,put the needle clip back to the original groove.Then after you get the closed to 1/4 throttle jetted right,then see if it is rich in the middle(needle clip position).After that see how it runs up top (MAIN JET).Do not go by my bike but,I have the ss reeds in my 00 kx 250, pump fuel.I had to step down from a 160 main to a 158.The pilot can afford to go down 1 on mine,but I like it a little fat on the bottom.Stock needle position on mine.Your power jet should have came with a 48. on the 01

Last edited:
Top Bottom