carby and crankcase question

crackn

Dec 23, 2002
A couple of questions that have come up since I bought the bike,
I am fairly new to the sport but I have a good mechanical sense
so if anyone can guide me in the right direction I would be stoked.
Firstly how many turns from seated should I wind out the air/fuel mix screw? what are people talking about when they say needle setting in 1-2-3 position etc?
the bike seems to have a nasty flat spot when I first give it some gas then it seems to come good, any clues?
What fuel mix should I be using is 35/1 ok.
what is the best crankcase oil to use?
should there be any freeplay in the clutch cable?
there is a crankcase breather very close to the filler hole without a tube on it, should there be a tube and where should I route it?
As you can see I'm a little lost and all I want to do Is jump on the thing and get riding, cheers, Heath.
ps its a 91 kx125

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
http://buykawasaki.com/Default.asp?
You can get a pic of the motor on this site at the view parts diagram at the bottom. I think the standard place to start on the airscrew is 2 full turns out then adjust from there, sounds lean so the farther out you tunr it the leaner in= richer. Clip position is the needle adjustment look it up on the site to see. You really need a manual for the bike , you're going to need it and Eric Gorrs book. Good luck.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Oh yeah, 32-1 on the fuel , prob. 2-3mm on the clutch freeplay. Gear oil?Whatver they call for or Type f trans fluid

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…