Carpeltunnel

cloverdale

Mar 4, 2000
I have been diagnosed with severe carpeltunnel in both hands. My suregeon starts to slice and dice on Monday. I am interested in any information on the subject. How long before you could start riding? How long before your hand strength was improved? Did it make a big difference in reducing arm pump?
I am already aware of the Dowd/Roncada stories. In my case I can barely type anymore!

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Buddy, you're MY labrat!

Let ME know the answers as you discover them...

Numbpinky MACE

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
I have found that if I greatly reduce handlebar vibration my carpel tunnel goes away after a few weeks. Riding with a lot of vibration brings back carpel tunnel in a few days.

zsr

Mar 17, 2001
My wife had the op and fully recovered in about 6 weeks. Just don't have both hands done at the same time unless you have someone willing to wipe your butt for a week or so :eek:

------------------

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
IT'S GREAT TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM. I WAS DIOGNOSED WITH C.T. IN MY RIGHT WRIST LAST YEAR. ANYTHING OVER 10 MINUTES ON THE BIKE AND MY RIGHT WRIST WOULD GO TO SLEEP. TALK ABOUT A CHALLENGE TO FINNISH A MOTO OR H.S.

I FINALLY GOT IT FIXED 3 WEEKS AGO. 1 WEEK IN A CAST AND VERY LITTLE USE OF THE FINGERS. GOT THE CAST OFF AND STARTED TO USED THE HAND A LITTLE AT A TIME/ WRIST FELT WEEK AND COULDN'T LIFT ANYTHING REAL HEAVY FOR AWHILE. SLOWLY MY STRENGTH RETURNED. RIGHT NOW AFTER 3 WEEKS I'D SAY I'M ABOUT 80% BACK TO NORMAL.

THE BEST PART ABOUT THE WHOLE THING IS TONIGHT I WAS ABLE TO PUT IN 2 20 MINUTES MOTO'S AT AN INDOOR MOTOCROSS TRACK WERE THERE IS A RACE THIS WEEKEND AND I HAD NO NUMBNESS OR TINGLING. AWESOME.

JUST LET IT HEAL AND LISTEN TO THE DOC AND EVERTHING WILL BE GREAT.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…