Cedar Creek ride report - NICE SNOW!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Just got back from the "creek" and thought I would drop a line here. Both Norht and south loops are in GREAT shape for winter fun. The snow is about 6 inches deep (perfect for screws). Watch the east side of the south loop if you are a "rager" cause the snowmobiles have been sneaking around on the single track and they really make the trail squirlley (and I thought surfin was a California thing :) ).
Trailhead on Ryerson Rd is in pretty rough shape (maybe it was the bald tires on my van), I suggest not stopping until you make a path for departure!
Been really quite up here, no "oncoming" traffic - cool (literally)!
I am REALLY enjoying my KDX250 after spending last winter on my VOR and the winter before on the XR. Amazing how much more fun these 2 smokes are in the winter (summer too :) )! They sure do start easier!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, wore my Snoowmobile suit (bibs and jacket) cause it was about 7 degrees out - way to warm! Should have stuck with the Carharts!
Oh yea, grip heaters are WONDERFUL - don't know why I ever went without them.....
THought I would check in - ya'all come ride when ya can but cha better hurry if you want to snow ride - 5 more weeks till spring :) :) !
Woodsy

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
Woodsy,
There is going to be a group of riders going up to the trail just north of White Cloud this Saturday. I went there on New Years Day, but will be sitting this round out.(recovering from hand surgery) Last time about 10+ riders showed up, ages 20-60+. It was a blast. I agree with the 2-stroke comment, last year I converted 2 Four stroke riders to Two Strokes. Both are doing much better on the 2 strokes and are glad they made the switch. I'm sorry I couldn't talk them out of buying KDX's but oh well, at least there not XR's.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
That sounds like a riot but I got a business trip this weekend (see Marlin - I dont get ALL the fun :) ) If things change I will certainly be there. Thanks for the heads up and hope your wrist heals well!
Woodsy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…